Starting July 2, 2015 travelers to Kenya will need to apply for an electronic visa before travel. Instructions are as follows:
1. Visit the electronic visa page at www.ecitizen.go.ke
2. Select Register as a Visitor (as part of this process, you will receive a confirmation email that you need to click on to verify and confirm your registration)
3. You will be asked to UPLOAD A DIGITAL PASSPORT PHOTO (Maximum size 500 px by 500 px)
4. Once logged in, select Department of Immigration Services
5. Select Submit Application
6. Select Kenyan Visa
7. Select the type of visa (visitor) and read the instructions carefully
8. Complete the application form – please note that incomplete applications will be rejected and you will lose your processing fees
a. You will need a scan of the main page of your passport (with your name, date of birth and other information)
b. You will need to re-upload your passport photo
c. Pay using your Visa card, MasterCard or other debit card
9. Await your approval which will be sent to you by email. This could take up to 7 days so give yourself plenty of time.
10. Once you have received the email advising that your visa is approved, log back into your ecitizen account and download your visa.
11. Print a copy of your visa to present to the immigration officer at your point of entry into Kenya
Some things to remember:
• The visa process takes up to one week and must be completed in advance
• You will need a scan of your passport and passport photo
• Approval and issuance of the visa does not guarantee entry into Kenya
There is a two month grace period whereby visas may still be purchased on arrival. This grace period expires August 31, 2015.
Effective September 1, 2015, you may be denied boarding of your flight to Kenya or denied entry to Kenya if you do not have your printed copy of your e-visa with you.
Ultimate Africa founder and president